Friday, May 19, 2006

Work has continued to suck. So I'm filling my time with stuff that I enjoy. I've rediscovered crosswords and reading. Swimming is still a favorite and now it's the ideal temp for disc. I love to find new music. I'm trying to get cultured in as many ways as I can. So right now I'm rereading A Seperate Peace by John Knowles. I love it because it seems to ring true in so many ways. After that I think that I'm going to pick 1984 by George Orwell. Haven't read it before but I've heard lots. Movie-wise I just rewatched Edward Scissorhands and fell in love with it one more time. I think that The Village, The Hudsucker Proxy, Hero, and some other ones are on the top of my list. Of course I'm going to have to go see X-men. Oh and Life is Beautiful is way up there, my roommates wathced it recently but with no subtitles (they know Italian). I've also noticed a shift in my taste in music. At least it's becoming more defined. It's kind of funny that the bands that I have been listening to recently all have crappy singers, or maybe I'll say that they are an acquired taste. I've been listening to a lot of Modest Mouse, Interpol, We Are Scientists, The Strokes, Weezer, The Bravery, Muse, Dispatch, and so on. Plus I watch the Food Network.

So that all spawned from work sucking.

1 comment:

KateMiki said...

haha... good list of music there. You should listen to Jack's Mannequin. They are amazing.
Look them up. Right now.

yea..